Lowered Double Loop Oil Filled Shock Absorber AC413650720 >

Lowered Double Loop Oil Filled Shock Absorber

Lowered Double Loop Oil Filled Shock Absorber >

EMPI Product

Part Code: AC413650720


Availability: In stock



Oil filled shock absorber, supplied individually

It is very important to fit the correct length shocks to a lowered car. There must be at least 2 inches of up and down travel from the normal ride height. To ascertain what length you require you must measure the distance between the shock mountings on your vehicle after you have removed the existing shock. This must be done with the vehicle on its road wheels (not on a jack). Once you have measured you need to check it against the shock absorbers we list to see which ones you need.

Prior to fitting new shock absorbers always pump it through a few strokes the correct way up. This removes bubbles that may have formed in the fluid whilst in storage and improves the effectiveness.


Good Quality


To fit on a Mk1 Caddy, you need to add an extra sleeve as the bolt is smaller on the Caddy than it is on aircooled vehicles


247mm collapsed-371mm extended


2.5855 kg

For Vehicles

Beetle 1950-1979 | Beetle Cabrio 1950-1979 | Caddy 1983-1992 | Karmann Ghia 1960-1974 | T2 Bay 1968-1979 | T2 Split 1950-1967 | Type 3 1962-1973

Product Questions

Sort by ASC
Can you supply the bolt sleeve needed when fitting this shock to a caddy or can you tell me where to get them? Thanks.
Question by: Alan on 17 Nov 2017 00:18:00
Sadly, we are currently unable to supply the correct spacer sleeve, however, a search for "M10 to M12 spacer sleeve" should find some results or you could get a machine shop to make you one the correct size. The sleeve will need to be 35mm long.
Answer by: Eliot Pocock (Admin) on 17 Nov 2017 17:18:00
What does the term LOWERED refer to in relation to the shock absorber
Question by: Tim Murphy on 16 Nov 2017 09:00:00
Reducing the ride height of the vehicle. If you have changed the suspension of your vehicle so it is closer to the ground, then you will need to change the shock absorbers to ones with the correct collapsed/extended lengths to suit.
Answer by: Eliot Pocock (Admin) on 16 Nov 2017 09:07:00